All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.81Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $72.01
- AU $23.64Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $46.10Trending at AU $53.98
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $36.25Trending at AU $41.07
- AU $26.08Trending at AU $27.35
About this product
- DescriptionA family fun-filled holiday, Seaside football - match of the day, On the beach - the score nine nine When the match went into injury time. We soon forgot our day for sports When the wasp flew up my brother's shorts. Meet sensational scorers, dependable defenders, great goalkeepers and fanatical fans like Great Gran. Find out who always shouts at the ref, what is scary about being in the wall, where the wasp flew and why you shouldn't put mums in goals. Every aspect of the football season and more are brilliantly brought to life by poet and football fan Paul Cookson.
- Author BiographyPAUL COOKSON has been a football fan longer than he has been a poet. Since 2004 he has worked with The National Football Museum as their official Poet in Residence. He has also worked with Liverpool Libraries as Poet For The Everton Collection and his football poems have featured on Match of The Day and various national radio stations. He has held the World Cup and met six of the World Cup Winners from 1966. As a poet, Paul has over 40 titles to his name and his poems have appeared in over two hundred collections. He spends most of his time visiting schools and festivals, performing his work and leading workshops. He lives in Retford, Nottinghamshire. DAVID PARKINS used to skive off football by drawing posters for the games teachers, which is why he is now an illustrator and not a famous footballer. He has illustrated many children's picture books for British, American and Canadian publishers, including Egypt Diary by Richard Platt for Walker UK and Candlewick US. He lives in Ontario, Canada.
- Author(s)Paul Cookson
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication02/08/2012
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Childrens Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Parkins
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.