Giving 2.0: Transform Your Giving and Our World by Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.36Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGold Medal Winner; Philanthropy, Charities, and Nonprofits; 2012 Axiom Business Book Awards Giving 2.0 is the ultimate resource for anyone navigating the seemingly infinite ways one can give. The future of philanthropy is far more than just writing a check, and Giving 2.0 shows how individuals of every age and income level can harness the power of techlogy, collaboration, invation, advocacy, and social entrepreneurship to take their giving to the next level and beyond. Major gifts may dominate headlines, but the majority of giving still comes from individual households ordinary people with extraordinary generosity. Even in 2009, at a time of deep recession, individual giving averaged almost $2,000 per household and drove 82% of the $300 billion donated that same year. Based on her vast experience as a philanthropist, academic, volunteer, and social invator, Arrillaga-Andreessen shares the most effective techniques she herself pilots and studies and a vast portfolio of lessons learned during her lifetime of giving. Featuring dozens of stories on invative and powerful methods of how individuals give time, money, and expertise whether volunteering and fundraising, leveraging techlogy and social media, starting a giving circle, fund, foundation, or advocacy group, or aspiring to create greater social impact Giving 2.0 shows readers how they can renew, improve, and expand their giving and reach their fullest potential. A practical, entertaining, and inspiring call to action, Giving 2.0 is an indispensable tool for anyone passionate about creating change in our world.
- Author BiographyLaura Arrillaga-Andreessen is founder and chairman emeritus of SV2 (Silicon Valley Social Venture Fund), president of the Marc and Laura Andreessen Foundation, and director of the Arrillaga Foundation. She is founder and chairman of Stanford PACS (Center on Philanthropy and Civil Society), and she has taught strategic philanthropy at Stanford Graduate School of Business since 2000. Laura holds an MBA, two MAs, and a BA from Stanford University and has received numerous philanthropy awards. She lives in Silicon Valley with her husband, entrepreneur and venture capitalist Marc Andreessen. All royalties received (directly or indirectly) by the author from the sale of this book will be donated to philanthropic organizations. For more information, please visit?www.giving2.com.
- Author(s)Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication02/12/2011
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight518 g
- Width158 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.