All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.89
About this product
- Description'Jillian Becker fits in more good sense and compassion on the subject of Sylvia Plath than books ten times as long.' The Independent (London) Sylvia Plath and her two young children sought refuge with friends Jillian and Gerry Becker in their rth London home just before Plath returned to her apartment and committed suicide. Giving Up is Jillian Becker's intimate account of that brief but extraordinary time with Sylvia during the winter of 1963. It is an unsparing, clear-eyed document of the events surrounding Sylvia's final days and suicide: her physical and emotional state, her grief over Hughes' infidelity, her mysterious meeting with an unkwn companion the night before her suicide, and the bleak, harsh aftermath of her small funeral. Becker recounts the bitterness and rancour surrounding Plath's death, defying years of censorship by Hughes and his family. Amid the tragedy, Giving Up is also a beautifully rendered portrait of a friendship between two very different women. Jillian Becker is the author of several vels and works of n-fiction, including The PLO and Hitler's Children. She lives in England.
- Author BiographyAuthors Bio, not available
- Author(s)Jillian Becker
- PublisherBlack Inc.
- Date of Publication01/11/2003
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintSchwartz Publishing Pty Limited
- Weight88 g
- Width129 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.