All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA pioneering Egyptologist, Sir William Matthew Flinders Petrie (1853-1942) excavated over fifty sites and trained a generation of archaeologists. The two excavation reports w reissued here together were written in collaboration with other experts. The first, published in 1907, describes digs at Giza and Rifeh, including the discovery of the Tomb of the Two Brothers, a well-preserved Middle Kingdom burial. The second report, co-authored with Ernest Mackay (1880-1943) and published in 1915, covers work at Heliopolis, Kafr Ammar and Shurafa. Petrie and his collaborators describe how they came to make their discoveries, shedding light on developing archaeological practices used in the early twentieth century. Each report includes a section of valuable illustrative material, such as photographs and drawings of artefacts. Petrie wrote prolifically throughout his long career, and a great many of his other publications - for both specialists and n-specialists - are also reissued in this series.
- Author(s)Ernest Mackay,Sir William Matthew Flinders Petrie
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication05/09/2013
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Egyptology
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note166 b/w illus.
- Weight710 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.46
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.