Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.25Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 9 Nov
- AU $15.30Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book to fully examine the serious cultural influence of one of the twentieth century's most excessive and exciting pop movements. Glam is held as a prism through which to view and refract artistic developments in Europe and North America, shedding new light on the extravagance of art, performance and visual culture at this time. Covering a range of subjects including fashion, music, film, gender in performance and postmodernism, the book moves beyond a stalgic reception and reveals the under-ackwledged exchange between avant-garde art and the extravagant style. Tracing the Glam sensibility to performance and installation art, and to painting and sculpture, the book includes artworks from David Hockney and Richard Hamilton, as well as ephemera such as posters, magazines and photographs and the music of T.Rex, David Bowie, Roxy Music and Lou Reed.
- Author BiographyDarren Pih is Curator at Tate Liverpool.
- PublisherTate Publishing
- Date of Publication07/02/2013
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTate Publishing
- Content NoteFully illustrated in colour
- Weight757 g
- Width215 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byDarren Pih
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.