All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMiller's Field Guides are an invaluable resource for collectors when out buying items at antiques shops, auctions or car boot fairs. They provide a fast and accurate way to recognize, identify and date antiques. In each book a simple question-and-answer checklist is provided for a wide range of key items, teaching you what to look for as well how to spot a fake or a copy. There are price codes throughout, plus concise information on makers, factories, identifying marks and the factors that affect the value of the piece. In Glass, antiques expert and bestselling author Judith Miller guides the collector through coloured, cut, pressed, etched, blown and decorated antique glass items.
- Author BiographyJudith Miller began collecting in the 1960s while a student at Edinburgh University in Scotland. She has since extended and reinforced her knowledge of antiques through international research, becoming one of the world's leading experts in the field. In 1979 she co-founded the international best-seller Miller's Antiques Price Guide and has since written more than 100 books which are held in high regard by collectors and dealers. Judith Miller appears regularly on TV and radio. She is an expert on the BBC's Antiques Roadshow and co-hosts the popular BBC series The House Detectives, ITV's Antiques Trail, and Discovery's It's Your Bid. She has appeared on The Martha Stewart Show and CNN. She is a regular lecturer and contributor to numerous newspapers and magazines, including the Financial Times, BBC Homes & Antiques and House & Garden. She has lectured extensively, including at the V&A in London and the Smithsonian in Washington.
- Author(s)Judith Miller
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication06/04/2015
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Series TitleMiller's Field Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMitchell Beazley
- Content Note300 photographs
- Weight222 g
- Width111 mm
- Height135 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.