Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
- AU $8.65Trending at AU $14.26
About this product
- DescriptionAsked by a publisher to write a preface to her late husband's vel, Edna defiantly sets out to write a separate book t just about Clarence but also about my life, as one could t pretend to understand Clarence without that. Simultaneously her neighbor asks her to care for an apartment full of plants and animals. The demands of the living things - a rat, fish, ferns - compete for Edna's attention with long-repressed memories. Day by day pages of seemingly random thoughts fall from her typewriter. Gradually taking shape within the mosaic of memory is the story of a remarkable marriage and of a mind pushed to its limits.Is Edna's memoir a homage to her late husband or an act of belated revenge? Was she the cultured and hypersensitive victim of a crass and brutally ambitious husband, or was he the caretaker of a neurotic and delusional wife? The reader must decide.The unforgettable characters in Savage's two hit vels Firmin and The Cry of the Sloth garnered critical acclaim, selling a million copies worldwide. In Edna, once again Sam Savage has created a character marked by contradiction--simultaneously appealing and exasperating, comical and tragic.
- Author BiographySam Savage is the bestselling author of Firmin: Adventures of a Metropolitan Lowlife and The Cry of the Sloth. A native of South Carolina, Sam Savage holds a PhD in philosophy from Yale University. Savage resides in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Author(s)Sam Savage
- PublisherCoffee House Press
- Date of Publication13/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintCoffee House Press
- Weight227 g
- Width127 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.