All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an updated edition of the classic botanical guide to the Great Lakes region. Gleason's Plants of Michigan is a major revision and expansion of The Plants of Michigan by Henry A. Gleason - the 1918 classic field guide to the flowering plants and trees found in Michigan, neighboring Great Lakes States, and southern Ontario. Richard K. Rabeler has completely updated the family descriptions and added easy-to-use keys. Information on habitats and geographical distribution is w included as well as a comprehensive index of plant names, an illustrated section on termilogy, a glossary, and an introduction to botany in Michigan. Gleason's Plants of Michigan will be useful to naturalists, environmental specialists, botanists, and everyone who loves the wildflowers and native flora of Michigan and the surrounding areas.
- Author BiographyRichard K. Rabeler is a Collections Manager for Vascular Plants and an Adjunct Research Scientist at the University of Michigan Herbarium. He is a past coeditor of the Michigan Botanist and a contributor to the accounts of the Caryophyllaceae (Pink family) in the Flora of North America, Flora of China, and Steyermark's Flora of Missouri.
- PublisherThe University of Michigan Press
- Date of Publication11/04/2007
- SubjectNatural History: Plants
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Michigan Press
- Content Note1 map, 43 line drawings
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Revised byRichard K. Rabeler
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.