All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.85
About this product
- DescriptionPerhaps it was a sense of estrangement from the everyday that drew Cynthia Sorrel to the village of Cooper Patent. The failed painter was lured by the gatehouse with its seven doors, the lake with its tower, and the magical air of a place that couldn't quite decide whether it was fictional, mythic, or real. The gatehouse should have been a first clue that she was on a journey, and soon she begins to glimpse and then to pursue a figure in the woods near her house, convinced she has seen the Muse. As she reclaims her calling as a painter and moves deeper into the uncanny world of Cooper Patent, Cynthia finds herself at the heart of a labyrinth of mystery. She will have to navigate its dream depths and secrets, brilliant or dark, locked behind a door that opens into the earth. SUbastien Doubinsky writes, I cant recommend an author more than Marly Youmans, whose fantastic prose is absolutely gorgeous and haunting. Now this best-kept secret among contemporary American writers ( Books & Culture ) has scaled the tree of books and plucked twigs of gothic romance, ghost tale, medieval dream vision, and belated coming-of-age story, with a leaf or two from the vel of manners and fantasy. The transformed result, Glimmerglass , is a gift to literature like other.
- Author BiographyMarly Youmans , A writer of rare ability ( Baton Rouge Advocate ), is the award-winning author of a dozen books. Recent works include A Death at the White Camellia Orphanage , called the finest and the truest period novel I've read in years by the late Lucius Shephard; and Thaliad , hailed as a work of genius, amazing, mesmerizing by novelist Lee Smith. A native of the Carolinas, Youmans now lives near the mouth of the Susquehanna with her husband and three children.
- Author(s)Marly Youmans
- PublisherMercer University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMercer University Press
- Weight431 g
- Width146 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.