All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionSituated in Central Africa, the nation of Gabon is a vibrant and mysterious place full of rich history, diverse culture, and stunning biodiversity. In the midst of the African rainforest, a Peace Corps volunteer from Montana is thrust into a new life of adventure and discovery. From close encounters with forest elephants to classroom teaching challenges, this vivid retelling of one man's experiences takes readers on an extraordinary journey through daily life, cultural events, and ongoing conservation efforts, and shares his love affair with a country that will forever own a piece of his heart. An enthralling account of life in Gabon, particularly around the Ndougou Lagoon, this new book by Jason Gray leaves us with a powerful impression of having shared in his experiences. Gray's underlying reverence for Gabon and its people comes out strongly in this recounting of his three years of work there with the Peace Corps and the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF International), and shows the importance of understanding other cultures while enhancing individual awareness of the global community. Glimpses through the Forest: Memories of Gabon is an engaging read for eco and cultural travel enthusiasts, conservationists, nature lovers, and other adventure seekers.
- Author BiographyJason Gray grew up on the windswept plains and in the high mountains of Montana. An avid traveler, conservationist, outdoor enthusiast, and environmental attorney, his passions led him to the Central African nation of Gabon, where he worked for three years with the Peace Corps and the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF International). Gray currently lives with his wife and son in northern California.
- Author(s)Jason Gray
- PublisherPeace Corps Writers
- Date of Publication08/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeace Corps Writers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.