All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe present book deals with the socio-ecomic and civic life of the Baghdadi Jewish Community of Calcutta over a span of a hundred and fifty years from 1798-1948. It deals with the issue of Jewish identity of Calcutta at some length and demonstrates how the Jews being an alien people quickly adapted themselves in new surroundings through family ties and Diaspora networks. Some of the topics included in the book are India's Jewish contacts, Calcutta's Jewish Legacy, The socio-cultural world of the Jews, the lifestyle, civic responsibilities, and ecomic life of the Jews. The book also talks about how the Jews in Calcutta forged ties with the Diaspora, and explores the Jewish community of Calcutta as a whole. The lucid language and easy-to-follow style of the book makes it an appealing read for anyone who is interested in the subject.
- Author BiographyKaustav Chakrabarti is presently an Assistant Professor of History at Fakir Chand College in Kolkata, India. He has written a book on India-Russia Relations with emphasis on the Soviet period. His areas of interest include Jewish history and culture, and Russian and East European studies.
- Author(s)Kaustav Chakrabarti
- PublisherReaders Service
- Date of Publication31/08/2015
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationKolkata
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintReaders Service
- Format DetailsHardback (stationery)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.