All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- Description<i>Glittering World</i> tells the remarkable story of Navajo jewelry--from its ancient origins to the present--through the work of the gifted Yazzie family of New Mexico. Jewelry has long been an important form of artistic expression for Native peoples in the Southwest; its diversity of design reflects a long history of migrations, trade, and cultural exchange. Exceptional jewelry makers who have been active for nearly eight decades, the Yazzies are strongly rooted in and inspired by these traditions and values. Their works emphasize reciprocity, harmony, balance, and respect for family. As the companion volume to the Smithsonian's National Museum of the American Indian in New York exhibit of the same name, this book is richly illustrated with images of these beautifully crafted treasures, bringing to light some of the finest indigeus art being created in the world today. Its informative and lively narrative complements these stunning images to illuminate the fascinating story of continuity, change, and survival embodied by Navajo jewelry.
- Author BiographyLOIS SHERR DUBIN is the author of <i>The History of Beads: From 100,000 B.C. to the Present</i> (2009) and <i>Adornment: The Art of Barbara Natoli Witt</i> (2011). She has also curated exhibitions on Native American beadwork and jewelry.
- PublisherSmithsonian Books
- Date of Publication15/12/2014
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintSmithsonian Institution Scholarly Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1588 g
- Width244 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byLois Sherr Dubin
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.