All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
About this product
- DescriptionGlobal Advertising, Attitudes and Audiences is a post-Mcdonaldization view of marketing power, consumer pleasure, and audience protest. The psychological process wherein consumers actively make sense of advertising and branding and integrate them with living is fundamentally important in thinking about their responses to product sold on screen. This wide-ranging book draws on forty years of media and marketing theory to present a precise perception of that process, a seven stage model of 'moments' in media marketing reception. Local understandings of global branding and marketing content traveling-often from West to East-is the main focus of Global Advertising, Attitudes and Audiences. Drawing from diverse reception studies of creative consumption, Tony Wilson develops a philosophical psychology of purchasing, testing theory against shared consumer responses in online blogospheres and offline interviews. Successive chapters interpret reception of banking, fast food, national, telecommunications and university global branding by Chinese, Indian and Islamic Malay consumers in multi-cultural Malaysia, an Anglophone gateway to S.E. Asia. These studies are used to illustrate how people view the 'worlds' constructed by product branding.
- Author BiographyTony Wilson (PhD University of Glasgow, Scotland) is Adjunct Associate Professor, Business School and Research Office, Jeffrey Cheah Educational Foundation (NonProfit), Sunway University, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Author(s)Tony Wilson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/11/2010
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Management and Business Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.