All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.69Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- Description* Reveals the distinct stages of paradigm shifts through the ages, including the 18th-century Enlightenment and the critical stage of our current shift * Explains how the new organic worldview began with Goethe and Kant * Offers solutions for each of us to be able to realise and make the deep changes needed for global regeneration In GLOBAL AWAKENING, Michael Schacker shows that hidden within our global crises is a positive future for the planet. Sharing his 30 years of intensive research into the history of change as well as the evolution of consciousness and regenerative science, Schacker explains how our current shift from the old mechanistic worldview to a new organic worldview based on biological models follows the same pattern as other paradigm shifts across history, including the 18th-century Enlightenment and the American Revolution. He reveals the creative geniuses who have contributed to the birth of the organic worldview, beginning with Goethe, Kant and Rodale. Exposing the scientific and social forces that drive paradigm shifts, he details the stages every paradigm shift progresses through: the Early Enlightenment, the Conservative Backlash, the Intensive Phase and the Flip Point. Explaining that we are currently in the throes of the Flip Point, the critical last phase of our paradigm shift, Schacker shows how the mechanistic worldview is crumbling around us and thing but a complete transformation in the way we think will keep us from the path of total self-destruction. Providing a map to overcome the allure of the simplistic mechanical model that has spawned countless unsustainable practices and problems-from global warming to intense ecomic disparities-the author offers concrete solutions showing how each of us can use our talents, skills and time to make the deep changes needed for global regeneration.
- Author BiographyMichael Schacker is an investigative science writer and cofounder of the Global Regeneration Network. A strategic consultant and writer in the field of regenerative agriculture, he is the author of A Spring Without Bees. He lives in Woodstock, New York.
- Author(s)Michael Schacker
- PublisherPark Street Press
- Date of Publication30/01/2013
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationKnoxfield, VIC
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published1900
- ImprintPark Street Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight850 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Introduction byStephen Larsen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.