All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith interest in the global environment and the management of 'talent' increasing, understanding the issue of global careers is crucial for students and managers alike. This exciting book captures broad research extending to a large set of diverse motivations, experiences, and outcomes of international work in global 'for profit' and 't for profit' organizations and delivers nuanced insights into the management of international employees for firms and governmental/n-governmental organizations. This text covers global career issues in-depth, working at the intersection of career and international human resource management and using a number of perspectives, such as organizational or individual ones. Chapters include: * theories, frameworks and concepts * supporting research/data where relevant * managerial implications, summaries, learning points, figures and tables. Illustrated with up to the minute case studies from companies such as Pepsi, Imperial Tobacco, Cadbury Schweppes, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Philips, HSBC, Misys, Philip Morris International and Masterfoods, Global Careers is essential reading for all those studying or concerned with career management, human resource management and international business.
- Author BiographyDr Michael Dickmann is a Senior Lecturer of Human Resource Management at Cranfield University, School of Management. He is the Director of the Cranfield MSc in International Human Resource Management and the Director of CReME, the Centre of Research into the Management of Expatriation. Much of his research focuses on international mobility strategies, structures and processes as well as global careers in multinational organisations. Michael has several years of work experiences for major consultancies as well as in industry and has published in a range of academic journals including the Journal of World Business and the International Journal of HRM. He is co-organising the Career Stream of the European Group of Organisation Studies Conference in Vienna, 2007. Dr Yehuda Baruch is a Professor of Management at Rouen Business School, France and formerly Professor of Management at UEA, Norwich UK, a Visiting Professor at the University of Texas at Arlington, USA and a visiting Research Fellow at London Business School. He holds a B.Sc. in Electronic Engineering (Ben Gurion, Israel), M.Sc. and D.Sc. in Management and Behavioural Sciences (The Technion, Israel). After being a project manager in the high technology's industry, he began his career in academia. Professor Baruch is the Editor of the Journal Career Development International and formerly an Associate Editor of Journal of Managerial Psychology. He serves on the editorial board of several journals, including Journal of Management, and won Best Reviewer prizes. He served as the Chair of the Careers Division of the Academy of Management. His research interests are Careers, Strategic and Global HRM, and technology impact on management. He has published three books and over 75 papers in refereed journals including: Human Relations, Human Resource Management, Organizational Dynamics, Journal of Vocational Behavior, and Organization Studies.
- Author(s)Michael Dickmann,Yehuda Baruch
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/09/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleGlobal HRM
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note33 black & white illustrations, 16 black & white tables, 22 black & white line drawings
- Weight635 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.66Trending at AU $38.33
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.