All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.37
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe previous three volumes in the series on Caribbean geography explored how geographical and cognate research was being applied to address key environmental problems in the Caribbean. The present volume makes a further significant contribution to the literature. It highlights how current research is addressing rapid change in the Caribbean region, both that being forced by global warming and by population growth. The chapters are presented as a series of original, empirical research contributions, which have the common theme of the search for development strategies that focus on the social and ecomic needs of the people without further deterioration of the region's fragile environmental resource base. The articles have been selected to emphasize the importance of a multidisciplinary focus in this applied research field. Among the subject areas covered are climate change, sustainable food production systems, urban planning and community development, and coastal management. The authors conclude the volume by developing the critical research agenda on these and other issues.
- Author BiographyDuncan McGregor is Senior Lecturer in the Geography, Royal Holloway, University of London, and Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society. David Dodman is Researcher in Human Settlements and Climate Change at the International Institute for Environment and Development, London, and was formerly a Lecturer in Human Geography, Department of Geography and Geology, University of the West Indies, Jamaica. David Barker is Professor of Geography and Head, Department of Geography and Geology Department, University of the West Indies, Jamaica. He is editor of Caribbean Geography and President of the Jamaican Geographical Society.
- Author(s)James Asmus
- PublisherUniversity of the West Indies Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2009
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleGraphic Novel Pb
- Place of PublicationKingston
- Country of PublicationJamaica
- ImprintUniversity of the West Indies Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDavid Barker,David Dodman,Duncan McGregor
- Artist(s)Stephen Segovia,Michael Ryan,Takeshi Miyazawa,Ben Oliver,Chris Burnham
- Foreword byOmar Davies
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.