Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.82
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionGlobalization and urban networks are t a new phemen, but have gained momentum since the 1980s. The domination of capital over labor, the restructuring of employment, the polarization of class division and political conflicts have created an urban hierarchy with cities like Tokyo, Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, London, and Paris at the top. However, smaller cities located in the semi-periphery form important links in the global network as well. In this volume authors with backgrounds in different fields of research such as geography, sociology, history, and political science look at global cities from various angles. The hierarchy of global cities and the restructuring process within global cities, public policy and urban politics, the rising vulnerability, urban governance, the political sector in Washington, DC, the assimilation of different migrant populations, and the culture of Dancehall Reggae are being discussed.
- PublisherUniversitatsverlag Winter
- Date of Publication01/05/2011
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitlePublikationen Der Bayerischen Amerika-Akademie / Publication
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintUniversitatsverlag Winter
- Weight499 g
- Edited byAssociate Professor of History Barbara Hahn,Meike Zwingenberger
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.