CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionGlobal climate change is the result of the combination of natural climate change and man-made climate change that, directly or indirectly, damages global atmosphere components observed over a comparable time period. It has both a direct and an indirect impact on the earth. Despite its overwhelmingly negative contations, it also brings about opportunities such as the possibility of a green ecomy. This book covers both sides of this debate in providing comprehensive information concerning climate change, environment and energy. It is composed of several articles discussing these issues from a multidimensional perspective and elaborating upon their interdependence. The articles collected here are based upon contributions to the International Symposium on Global Climate Change, Environment and Energy: Global Challenges and Opportunities for Sustainability, hosted by the Istanbul Aydin University Energy Politics and Markets Research Centre on 25 April 2011. The aim of the conference, which is reflected in this volume, was to fulfil the responsibility owed to the earth and to humanity.
- Author BiographyAssistant Professor Dr Filiz Katman holds a BS in Economics (in English) from Istanbul University, an MA in Political Science and International Relations (in English) from Marmara University, a PhD in International Security and Terrorism, certificates from the Yale University Program on War, Conflict and Order, NATO International School, and NATO Centre of Excellence on Defence Against Terrorism. Currently, Dr Katman is Executive Board President at the Energy Politics and Markets Research Centre (EPPAM), Editor-in-Chief of EPPAM Policy Brief, and a Faculty Member at the Department of Political Science and International Relations (in English) at Istanbul Aydin University. She is recipient of several awards and scholarships in both the domestic and international arenas, and has published several articles and books on energy policy and energy security; terrorism; security; political violence; cyber threats; and NATO. She is regularly consulted by BBC World News due to her expertise, and is a Member of TOBB Istanbul Women Entrepreneurs Council.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byFiliz Katman
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.