CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis book deals with commodity price stabilization. It explores the contemporary changes in global trade agreements and their relationship to the ongoing changes in international and regional trade structures and ecomic integration. It takes a wholistic, interdisciplinary approach, including ecomic, legal and political aspects; examines the EC and NAFTA as important trade blocs, and their impact on global ecomies. Investigates the Chinese approach to trade management, the oil price stabilization policies, and seabed minerals; discusses discrimination in international trade. The interdisciplinary nature of the book is given prominence through the layout of the various parts. Part I examines the legal issues of commodity trade, investigating the debate over whether international trade agreements create hard law or soft law. Part II discusses the political ecomy of contemporary global trade issues, including the rise of intraindustry trade and discrimination in international trade. Part III addresses the recent trend towards regionalism and trade blocs, focusing on the EC and NAFTA, and their ecomic implications. Finally, Part IV presents the issues of commodity trade stabilization for minerals and oil, including both land-based and seabed commodities.
- Author BiographyOSMAN SULIMAN is Associate Professor and Chair with the Economics Department of Millersville University in Pennsylvania. He has taught at Eastern Illinois and Grambling State Universities, and has published many articles in refereed journals. His previous books include a study guide and an instructor's manual, both for use with Peter Lindert's International Economics (1991). MAHDI EL-BAGHDADI is Assistant Professor of Public Administration at Grambling State University, Grambling, Louisiana. He has taught at the University of Pittsburgh, Louisiana Tech University, and Central Michigan. He has been involved in international commodity negotiations, and spent several years as a foreign service officer.
- Author(s)Mahdi El-Baghdadi,Osman Suliman
- Date of Publication28/02/1995
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight620 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.