Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $48.07Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.00+ postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by thebooksaver
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionComprehensive in its scope and scale, rigorously argued and richly illustrated with wide-ranging examples, this clearly written and user-friendly book from a veteran commentator on international communication will be valuable for students and scholars. Strongly recommended. - Daya Thussu, Professor of International Communication, University of Westminster Global Communication explores the history, present and future of global communication, introducing and explaining the theories, stories and flows of information and media that affect us all. Based on his experience teaching generations of students to critically examine the world of communication around them, Cees Hamelink helps readers understand the thinkers, concepts and questions in this changing landscape. This book: * Explores the cultural, ecomic, political and social dimensions and consequences of global communication * Introduces the key thinkers who have been inspirational to the field * Teaches you to master the art of asking critical questions * Takes you through concrete cases from UN summits to hot lines and cyber-surveillance * Boosts your essay skills with a guided tour of the literature, including helpful comments and recommendations of what to cite * Brings you directly into the classroom with a series of video lectures This book guides students through the complex terrain of global communication, helping you become a critically informed participant in the ever-changing communication landscape. It is essential reading for students of communication and media studies.
- Author BiographyDr. Cees J. Hamelink is Emeritus Professor of International Communication at the University of Amsterdam. He is also currently Professor for Information Management at the University of Aruba, and Professor of Human Rights and Public Health at the Vrije Universiteit of Amsterdam. He is the editor-in-chief of the International Communication Gazette and Honorary President of the International Association for Media and Communication Research (IAMCR). He is author of 17 monographs on communication, culture, and human rights. His latest book is a textbook on Global Communication (SAGE, 2015). Professor Hamelink received life-time achievements awards from various international organisations and has been consultant to many national governments and agencies in the UN system.
- Author(s)Cees Jan Hamelink
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication15/12/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.