All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.33Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionThe impact of the changing global strategic landscape on energy markets is being felty across the world, and is the subject of ongoing debate within industry and governments alike. These changes affect t only the evolution of oil markets and their influence on production rates and pricing, but also a host of other factors, including energy security, the effects of global ecomic crises and the growing market presence of Arabian Gulf producers, both in terms of their conventional reserves and their development of alternative and renewable sources. The ECSSR 17th Annual Energy Conference, Global Energy Markets: Changes in the Strategic Landscape, held at the Centre on November 1-2 2011, and the papers compiled in this volume provide a variety of informed views on these trends and their consequences for both producers and consumers in the Middle East and elsewhere. The effects of geo-strategic developments on energy markets and the formulation of energypolicies in the GCC states and abroad are explored in detail, as are the ecomic viability and outlook of renewable energy sources, both in light of CO2 emissions constraints and the involvement of Gulf hydrocarbon producers in the development of renewables. The potential benefits and risks of nuclear energy are explored, as is public sentiment toward nuclear development worldwide-particularly following recent events in Japan, the repercussions of which continue to be felt both in politics and industry. The ongoing effects of the global ecmic crisis are also discussed, particularly with reference to their consequences for energy markets worldwide.
- Author BiographyThe Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and Research is based in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Author(s)Emirates Centre for Strategic Studies and Research
- PublisherEmirates Centre for Strategic Studies & Research, Abu Dhabi
- Date of Publication30/05/2013
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationAbu Dhabi
- Country of PublicationUnited Arab Emirates
- ImprintEmirates Centre for Strategic Studies & Research, Abu Dhabi
- Weight862 g
- Width175 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.