All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
About this product
- DescriptionDespite efforts to increase renewables, the global energy mix is still likely to be dominated by fossil-fuels in the foreseeable future, particularly gas for electricity and oil for land, air and sea transport. The reliance on depleting conventional oil and natural gas resources and the geographic distribution of these reserves can have geopolitical implications for energy importers and exporters. Global Energy Policy and Security examines the security of global and national energy supplies, as well as the sensitivity and impacts of sustainable energy policies which emphasize the various political, ecomic, techlogical, financial and social factors that influence energy supply, demand and security. Multidisciplinary perspectives provide the interrelated topics of energy security and energy policy within a rapidly changing socio-political and techlogical landscape during the 21st century. Included are two main types of interdisciplinary papers. One set of papers deals with technical aspects of energy efficiency, renewable energy and the use of tariffs. The other set of papers focuses on social, ecomic or political issues related to energy security and policy, also describing research, practical projects and other concrete initiatives being performed in different parts of the world. This book will prove useful to all those students and researchers interested in the connections between energy production, energy use, energy security and the role of energy policies.
- Author BiographyProf. Dr. (mult.) Dr. h.c. (mult.) Walter Leal is Senior Professor and Head of the Research and Transfer Centre Applications of Life Sciences at the Hamburg University of Applied Sciences in Germany. Prof. Dr. Vlasios Voudouris is the CEO of ABM Analytics Ltd and Affiliate Professor at the triple-crown accredited ESCP Europe Business School (Paris, London, Berlin, Madrid, Torino). Vlasios is also the Editor of the 'Oil and Gas Perspectives' SI at the Energy Policy journal. Vlasios has a wealth of experience in evidence-based energy policy, quantitative analysis and risk-adjusted investment processes.
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication04/09/2013
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleLecture Notes in Energy
- Series Part/Volume Number16
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note72 black & white illustrations, 56 black & white tables, biography
- Weight672 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byVlasios Voudouris,Walter Leal,Walter Leal Filho
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.