All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
About this product
- DescriptionThis book brings together original cutting edge work that deals with global environmental harm from a wide variety of geographical and critical perspectives. The topics covered in the book are global, regional and local in nature, although in each case there are clear transnational or global dimensions. The book explores topics that provide theoretical, methodological and substantive insights into the nature and dynamics of environmental harm, and the transference of this harm across regions, continents and globally. Specific topics include the criminal nature of global warming, an ethgraphic study of pollution and consciousness of environmental harm, environmental destruction associated with huge industrial developments, chaos theory and environmental social justice, de-forestation as a global phemen, illegal trade in endangered species, and transference of toxicity. The collection as a whole reinforces the importance of eco-global crimilogy as a dynamic paradigm for theory and action on environmental issues in the 21st century. The crimilogical perspectives presented herein are important both in discerning the nature and complexities of global environmental harms and, ultimately, in forging responses to them.
- Author BiographyRob White is Professor of Criminology in the School of Sociology and Social Work at the University of Tasmania, Australia. In addition to this he is the Director of both the Criminology Research Unit and the Australian Clearinghouse for Youth Studies.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2010
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationCullompton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWillan Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables, maps, figures
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byRob White
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.