All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionGlobal Feminist Politics examines the changing global context for feminist political action, its meaning and forms. It ackwledges the existence of dissent and debate among feminists, asserting that such debate leads to invation in theory and practice. This book reaches the conclusion that the future of the women's movement depends upon a dialogue which is unafraid to cut across perceived differences. Focusing on key issues raise by a feministic commitment to global political change, this book covers subjects including: * the relevance of contemporary feminist politics for younger women * gendered accounts of gecide and catastrophe * exile, migration and diaspora * gender and the internet * women and the nationalist movement in India * gender issues in Pakistan, Australia, South Africa and the Middle East. Featuring an international panel of cutting-edge feminist thinkers, Global Feminist Politics demonstrates the invative work being undertaken in the academic and professional worlds, as well as in women's activism. It is an invaluable resource for students in Women's Studies and Development Studies, as well as all those interested in the development of contemporary global feminism.
- Author BiographySuki Ali is currently completing an ESRC funded PhD at the Institute for Education, University of London. Her work has been published in Gender and Education and Irish Journal of Feminist Studies. Kelly Coate is a Research Officer also at the Institute of Education, and has taught and published in the fields of women's studies and education.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/03/2000
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byKelly Coate,Suki Ali,Wangui wa Goro,etc.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.