Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionContract workers from the Philippines make up one of the world's largest movements of temporary labor migrants. Deirdre McKay follows Filipi migrants from one rural community to work sites overseas and then home again. Focusing on the experiences of individuals, McKay interrogates current approaches to globalization, multi-sited research, subjectivity, and the village itself. She shows that rather than weakening village ties, temporary labor migration gives the village a new global dimension created in and through the relationships, imaginations, and faith of its members in its potential as a site for a better future.
- Author BiographyDeirdre McKay is Senior Lecturer in Geography and Environmental Politics at Keele University.
- Author(s)Deirdre McKay
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication07/06/2012
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleTracking Globalization
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note7 b&w illus., 3 maps
- Weight545 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.