All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy 2050 the world will be faced with the ermous challenge of feeding 9 billion people despite being affected by climate change, rising energy costs and pressure on food growing land and other major resources. How will the world produce 70% more food by 2050 to feed a projected extra 2.3 billion people? What will be the impact of food shortages and high prices on areas in crisis such as sub-Sahara Africa? Where will future production growth come from? And how do we balance the need for environmental protection with sustainable agricultural production methods? This is the first text to present a scholarly, balanced approach to the contentious area of food production and supply up to 2050 - offering a readable and well-informed account which tackles the global food situation in all its totality, from agricultural production, techlogical advance, dietary concerns, population changes, income trends, environmental issues, government food and agriculture policy, trade, financial markets, macroecomics and food security. Highly accessible and written by a specialist author with experience as an agricultural analyst, policy advisor and researcher, Global Food Futures synthesises the key issues in one volume.
- Author BiographyBrian Gardner has been analysing, writing about and commenting on European and international agriculture and food policy developments for more than thirty years. Notable publications include European Agriculture: Policies, Production and Trade, Growing Pains: New Europe and the CAP in The Perfect Union? New Europe and the EU (edited by Roger Gough) and A Guide to the Reformed CAP.
- Author(s)Brian Gardner
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Note21 bw illus
- Weight512 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.