Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionA heartening story of big dreams and small steps --Pietra Rivoli, author of Travels of a T-shirt in the Global Ecomy An engaging read, upbeat and inspiring. --Kirkus A beautiful example of what one woman can do to improve the lives of thousands worldwide simply by following her heart. Stacey Edgar's story is thing short of amazing, and it will inspire even the most timid of dreamers to try their hand at making a difference in the world. --Doc Hendley, author of Wine to Water a Bartender's Quest to Bring Clean Water to the World, President/Founder of Wine to WaterNine years ago, Stacey Edgar had a two-thousand-dollar tax return and a deep desire to help provide ecomic security for women in need. She knew that of the 1.3 billion people living on less than one dollar per day, seventy percent are women. What she didn't have was a business plan. Or a passport. But that didn't stop her from creating Global Girlfriend, a multi-million dollar, socially conscious business that has helped women on five continents feed their families and send their children to school. Global Girlfriends is Stacey's inspiring story of following her convictions, interwoven with the stories of her colleagues and friends - real women all over the world, from Guatemala to Nepal, from Haiti to Uganda. It is also a passionate argument for simple actions we can all take to eliminate extreme poverty.
- Author BiographySTACEY EDGAR started Global Girlfriend in 2003 as a way to provide economic security for women in need by creating a sustainable market for their products. Stacey has been honored by the Microsoft Corporation as a recipient of the company's Start Something Amazing awards, and is a sought-after speaker on the topics of women in the global economy, fair trade, sex trafficking, market and enterprise development, cause marketing, entrepreneurship, and parlaying your passion into your career. She lives in Colorado with her family.
- Author(s)Stacey Edgar
- PublisherSt. Martin's Griffin
- Date of Publication24/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt. Martin's Griffin
- Out-of-print date20/04/2017
- Weight259 g
- Width141 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.