Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThe international political system, built on a foundation of sovereign states, has t effectively addressed age-old quandaries of war, crime, poverty, oppression, corruption, and environmental degradation. Modern social and techlogical trends are further stressing this system to the breaking point. Global Government Under the U.S. Constitution examines this failing system and proposes an entirely new approach. Instead of an international system built on sovereign nation-states, this work argues that federal democracy provides a better, proven model for global governance. While such an idea may linger from time to time in the background of thought, it has never moved to the forefront because of the difficulty in imagining how it could be realized. Now, however, this book thrusts forward a concrete method, arguing that the U.S. Constitution establishes a sound system for large-scale governance. This federal democracy should naturally extend globally, to address current international social problems. It did so first among thirteen colonies and later across a continent and beyond. Global Government Under the U.S. Constitution also explains specific legal means to effect such an idea, making it a fascinating read for officials, academics, leaders and students alike.
- Author BiographyJ. A. Cook draws from education and professional experience across varied fields. He graduated from Brigham Young University and Yale Law School, and has spent his career in law practice, entrepreneurial ventures, and non-profit administration.
- Author(s)J.A. Cook
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication21/05/2007
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width154 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.