Global Health Watch: An Alternative World Health Report: Vol. 3 by Health Poverty Action, Bridget Lloyd, Medact, Third World Network, Medico International, Health Action International, People's Health Movement, Asociacion Latinoamericana de Medicina Social (Hardback, 2011)
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionIn an increasingly globalised world with new cross-border threats to public health and widening disparities between populations, civil society actors are challenging the existing structures of global health policies. Like its critically acclaimed predecessors, this third volume of Global Health Watch covers a comprehensive range of topics, including access to medicines, mental health, water and sanitation, nutrition, and war and conflict. Unlike most documentations of global health, it also draws attention to the politics of global health and the policies and actions of key actors. Global Health Watch books are the definite independent sources of data on global health, and this third volume offers unique and essential information for anyone working in the field.
- Author BiographyThe Global Health Watch is a broad collaboration of public health experts, non-governmental organisations, civil society activists, community groups, health workers and academics. It was initiated by the People's Health Movement, Global Equity Gauge Alliance and Medact as a platform of resistance to the neo-liberal dominance in health.
- Author(s)Asociacion Latinoamericana de Medicina Social,Bridget Lloyd,Health Action International,Health Poverty Action,Medact,Medico International,People's Health Movement,Third World Network
- PublisherZed Books Ltd
- Date of Publication13/10/2011
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZed Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, map
- Weight658 g
- Width163 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAmit Sengupta
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.