All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionPerhaps other public policy issue has greater potential to affect some of the most significant ecomic, political, social, and ethical changes of the 21st century than global health. In this book, a scholar/physician team authors a comprehensive introduction to global health issues and emphasises the potential of public health intervention to improve the longevity and quality of human life across the globe. The authors have lived and worked in Africa as well as in medically underserved areas of the United States, so they write with firsthand experience and authority. Using themes of interconnectedness, globalisation, and united concern from citizens, this book encourages readers to consider the role that they might play as engaged citizens in taking on the global public health challenges of the 21st century including everything from AIDs and flu to tobacco, obesity, and threats in conflict zones.
- Author BiographyDebra L. DeLaet is Professor of Politics and International Relations at Drake University. David E. DeLaet is Assistant Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics at Mount Sinai School of Medicine.
- Author(s)David E. DeLaet,Debra L. DeLaet
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.