CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionGlobal Issues is a pedagogically rich text that offers a unique way of looking at contemporary issues, such as food security and global conflict, from a cross-cultural and multidisciplinary perspective. By exploring each issue in depth, students gain an applied understanding of more abstract concepts like conflict, globalization, culture, imperialism, human rights, and gender, while the cross-cultural approach encourages students to view the world from outside the Western box. Designed for introductory-level students in global and international studies, human geography, anthropology, sociology, and development studies, this highly accessible text offers instructors and students a unique way of matching the concepts they learn in the classroom with important issues in the world in which they live and work.
- Author BiographyShirley A. Fedorak has taught at the University of Saskatchewan and the American College of Cairo. She is the author of a number of textbooks including Global Issues: A Cross-Cultural Perspective (2013), and Pop Culture: The Culture of Everyday Life (2009). She now lives in Penang, Malaysia where she continues to write.
- Author(s)Shirley A. Fedorak
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication29/11/2013
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps, figures
- Weight440 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.