All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's easy to think of the meatball as one thing: Italian, covered with red sauce and served with spaghetti. It's iconic. The reality, though, is that meatballs could be considered an international phemen, inspiring creative dishes around the globe! Swedes love their sweet and sour meatballs. French North Africans enjoy fragrant boulettes in their tagine. Chinese hot pots often feature fish balls. Vegans even have meat-less meatballs! The possibilities are endless. Global Meatball highlights these possibilities by introducing traditional recipes and pairing them with lots of creative variants. You will be encouraged to experiment and learn the techniques you need to perfect your own meatball recipe! Whether interested in comfort cooking, ethnic cuisine, or simply meatballs, this book is sure to make you into a meatball expert!
- Author BiographyADELINE MYERS is a native of Salem Ma who has been an inspired cook since she was a girl. Formal French culinary training at Tante Marie's Cooking School in San Francisco taught her to cook without recipes and how to write her own. She finished top in her class. While a student, she was an assistant culinary teacher for community classes at Tante Marie's. She worked as part of a catering team with other chefs around the Bay Area. Also while in San Francisco, Adeline was fortunate to work for a year as a baker in the famed Tartine Bakery, under the tutelage of Chad Robertson, making croissant, cakes and pastry. Adeline collects antique cookbooks, from which she derives much inspiration. She believes more healthful cooking and baking is the future of home cooking. She gets a thrill from the challenge of converting traditional recipes to fit people's dietary concerns such as, gluten free, diabetic and vegan. In her spare time she enjoys helping close friends with their vegetable farm. Adeline holds a BA from Smith College, '05
- Author(s)Adeline Myers
- PublisherRockport Publishers Inc.
- Date of Publication05/02/2015
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationGloucester, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRockport Publishers Inc.
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.