All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGlobal Migration provides a clear, concise, and well-organized discussion of historical patterns and contemporary trends of migration, while guiding the readers through an often difficult and politicised topic. Aimed primarily at undergraduate and Master's students, the text encourages the readers to reflect on ecomic processes, politics, immigrant lives and raises debates about inclusion, exclusion, and citizenship. The text critically highlights the global character of contemporary migration and the importance of historical context to current processes and emphasises the role of gender, race and national ideologies in shaping migration experiences. Using over a decade of their own insight into teaching undergraduate migration courses in the US and the UK, and the kwledge and understanding of the subject they have acquired as migration researchers, the authors offer an accessible and student-friendly manner for readers to understand and explore the complex issue of migration. The book features numerous international case studies, a chapter dedicated to the perspective of the immigrants themselves, as well as key terms and further readings at the end of each chapter. Both theoretically and empirically informed Global Migration examines the subject in a holistic and expansive way. It will equip students with an understanding of the complex issues of migration and serve as a guide for instructors in structuring their courses and in identifying important bodies of scholarly research on migration issues.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Mavroudi is a Lecturer in Human Geography in the Department of Geography at Loughborough University, UK. Caroline Nagel is an Associate Professor of Geography at the University of South Carolina, USA.
- Author(s)Caroline Nagel,Elizabeth Mavroudi
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/06/2016
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note42 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, 32 black & white halftones, 10 black & white line drawings
- Weight496 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.