Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis group of essays follows a similar eclectic pattern to that found in Tom Rubens' previous essay-collections published by Imprint Academic. The author's aim is, as before, to appeal widely but also succinctly: in a way that will stimulate readers to develop their own thoughts on, and consult more extensive treatments of, the subjects in question. As regards philosophers referred to in the text, these include: Democritus, Spiza, Schopenhauer and Sartre. Subjects explored include: modernity as a condition which is intellectually exacting; the police in England; democracy in relation to culture and society as a whole; philosophical determinism; sexual love; and the American 'Western' film.
- Author BiographyTom Rubens holds BA and MA degrees in English, and has taught this subject in further and higher education for most of his working life. In addition to six already published books in philosophy, he has also published a selection of poetry. As well as teaching and writing, he is active in community and political affairs.
- Author(s)Tom Rubens
- PublisherImprint Academic
- Date of Publication10/06/2013
- Series TitleSocietas
- Place of PublicationThorverton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintImprint Academic
- Weight201 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Trade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.