All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
About this product
- DescriptionGlobal News explores how media representation is conceived and enacted in a world of diversity and transborder flows. Among the 'new media' crowding the global mediascape are influential television outlets that promise viewers alternative vantage points to those of established Western broadcasters. The different worlds depicted by Al Jazeera English and Russia Today are compared with those of CNN International and BBC World. At a time when media organizations are slashing their budgets for international reporting, these channels represent a spectrum of financing solutions and relations to political power, being variously privately-, publicly-, or state-owned, backed by corporations, democratic states, authoritarian regimes, and ruling dynasties. Despite their differences, however, they have much in common. Their journalists espouse the universal values of professionalism and objectivity and speak to their global audiences in English. This book explores the different theoretical worlds of global media studies, takes a rare look at content, has a comparative perspective, and moves beyond the conflict frame that has dominated much of the literature in the field.
- Author BiographyAlexa Robertson is Professor of Media and Communication Studies at Stockholm University and has a PhD in political science. Her other books include Media and Politics in a Globalizing World (2015) and Mediated Cosmopolitanism: The World of Television News (2010).
- Author(s)Alexa Robertson
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication28/04/2015
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleGlobal Crises and the Media
- Series Part/Volume Number17
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight370 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.