All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionIn science, engineering and ecomics, decision problems are frequently modelled by optimizing the value of a (primary) objective function under stated feasibility constraints. In many cases of practical relevance, the optimization problem structure does t warrant the global optimality of local solutions; hence, it is natural to search for the globally best solution(s). Global Optimization in Action provides a comprehensive discussion of adaptive partition strategies to solve global optimization problems under very general structural requirements. A unified approach to numerous kwn algorithms makes possible straightforward generalizations and extensions, leading to efficient computer-based implementations. A considerable part of the book is devoted to applications, including some generic problems from numerical analysis, and several case studies in environmental systems analysis and management. The book is essentially self-contained and is based on the author's research, in cooperation (on applications) with a number of colleagues. Audience: Professors, students, researchers and other professionals in the fields of operations research, management science, industrial and applied mathematics, computer science, engineering, ecomics and the environmental sciences.
- Author(s)Janos D. Pinter
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/12/2010
- Series TitleNonconvex Optimization and Its Applications
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight777 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 1996
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.