Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.16
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $43.47Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.39
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.09
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned to supplement world history survey texts, this distinctive primary source reader has a conceptual framework that emphasizes comparative analysis by presenting foreigners' accounts of a given society alongside accounts from citizens of the same society. These descriptions shed light on the values and beliefs of both the society being described, and those of the writer. The reader is organized chrologically and regionally within each time period. Pedagogical features include introductions, questions, tes, and suggested readings.
- Author BiographyFritz Blackwell received his Ph.D. in South Asian Studies at the University of Wisconsin. His recent work focuses on Gandhi and a comparison of civil disobedience movements in India and the United States. He has published Letters from Chittagong (1992) and is currently working on a reference manual for travelers to India. Kathryn Meyer received her Ph.D. in Ancient history at Washington State University. She is the director of the Femina Habilis project--the compilation of a multi-volume biographical encyclopedia of career women in the Roman World from earliest times to 500 CE. She has published an article on the empress Livia. She is also the president of a local historical society and has published articles in local journals on that subject. Mary Watrous-Schlesinger received her Ph.D. in Latin American history at Washington State University. She has published articles on Mexico's financial history and has an article forthcoming on food in Mexico. Her current research is in the history of world trade and the history of food.
- Author(s)Fritz Blackwell,Kathryn Meyer,Mary Watrous-Schlesinger,Roger Schlesinger
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication02/03/2003
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHoughton Mifflin
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight738 g
- Width191 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.