All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.83Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionThe World Mental Health Surveys were established by the World Health Organization in 2000 to provide valuable information for physicians and health policy planners. These surveys have shed light on the prevalence, correlates, burden, and treatment of mental disorders in countries throughout the world. This volume focuses on the epidemiology of coexisting physical and mental illness around the world. This book includes surveys from 17 discrete countries on six continents, covering epidemiology, risk factors, consequences, and implications for research, clinical work, and policy. Many physical and mental illnesses share a relationship with one ather and often occur simultaneously. Clinicians from the disciplines of both psychiatry and medicine are increasingly faced with both challenges on a daily basis, making this an ideal book for a wide range of health professionals. This is the first book devoted to this topic on such a wide-ranging scale.
- Author BiographyMichael R. Von Korff, DSc, Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health, is a Senior Investigator at the Group Health Center for Health Studies, Group Health Cooperative, Seattle, Washington. Kate M. Scott, PhD, is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Psychological Medicine, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Otago, Christchurch, New Zealand. Oye Gureje, DSc, FRCPsych, is Head of the Department of Psychiatry at University College Hospital, Ibadan, Nigeria.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/07/2009
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note24 b/w illus. 71 tables
- Weight750 g
- Width215 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byKate M. Scott,Michael R. Von Korff,Oye Gureje
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.