All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.65Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers an accessible and comprehensive account of political Islam in the twenty-first century. Drawing on insights from comparative politics, sociology, international relations and Islamic studies, it explains the complex interaction between political Islam, nationalism, state and society, and globalization. An ideal teaching text, Global Political Islam also provides the necessary historical background and conceptual tools for understanding contemporary Muslim politics. The book contains detailed up-to-date case studies of political Islam in a variety of key settings such as Egypt, Turkey, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Iran, Afghanistan, and Palestine. It also explains the evolution of Islamic radicalism through a detailed account of Al Qaeda and the global jihad movement. Transnational Islamic networking receives considerable attention, as does the role of new media and information techlogies in political Islam. Fully illustrated throughout, featuring maps, supplementary textbox case studies, a glossary, and suggestions for further reading, this is the ideal introduction to the crucial rule of political Islam in the contemporary world.
- Author BiographyPeter Mandaville is Associate Professor of Government and Politics at George Mason University, USA. He is the author of Transnational Muslim Politics: Re-imagining the umma and has also co-edited several volumes of essays. Research interests include the impact of globalization in the Muslim world, theories of cosmopolitanism, and global development.
- Author(s)Peter G. Mandaville
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2007
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date04/07/2014
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.