All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDevelopments in the sophistication of global real estate markets mean that global real estate investment is w being executed professionally. Thanks to academic enquiry, professional analysis and entrepreneurial activity, backed by the globalisation of all investment activity, there is w an available body of material which forms the basis of this scholarly but practical summary of the new state of this art. The measurement, benchmarking, forecasting and quantitative management techniques applied to property investments are w compatible with those used in other asset classes, and advances in property research have at last put the ongoing debate about the role of real estate onto a footing of solid evidence. The truly global scope and authorship of this book is unique, and both authors here are singularly well qualified to summarise the impact and likely future of global invations in property research and fund management. Between them, they have experienced three real estate crashes, and have observed at first hand the creation of the real estate debt and equity instruments that led to the global crisis of 2008-9. Global Property Investment: strategies, structure, decisions offers a unique perspective of the international real estate investment industry with: * a close focus on solutions to real life investment problems * excessive theoretical padding * a target of both students and professionals * highly qualified dual-nationality authorship With many cases, problems and solutions presented throughout the book, and a companion website used for deeper analysis and slides presentations (see below), this is a key text for higher-level real estate students on BSc, MSc, MPhil and MBA courses worldwide as well as for practising property professionals worldwide in fund management, investment and asset management, banking and real estate advisory firms.
- Author BiographyAndrew Baum was appointed Professor of Land Management at the University of Reading, UK in 1989. He is now Professor of Real Estate Investment at the University of Cambridge and a Fellow of St John's College, Cambridge. He is former Head of Research, Prudential; CIO Property and Head, International Property, Henderson Global Investors, and has chaired the investment committee for the CBRE Global Investors Multi-Manager business since 2008. David Hartzell is Steven D. Bell and Leonard W. Wood Distinguished Professor in Real Estate and Professor of Finance at the Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina, USA. He is a former vice president at Salomon Brothers Inc. in New York and is now a board member with Highwoods Properties, a REIT.
- Author(s)Andrew E. Baum,David Hartzell
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication30/12/2011
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight990 g
- Width173 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.