Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $69.90+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $67.43+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition is an outstanding update of what I believe to be the best textbook for introducing undergraduates to global sociology. With a rich array of new examples, clear definitions of concepts and crisp theoretical summaries, it offers students a vision for participating as engaged citizens in a diverse, interdependent and sustainable world. - Paul Lubeck, University of California, Santa Cruz Just think for a moment of the 'global events' that are changing the world: 9/11, the financial crisis, climate change, Fukushima, the Arab Spring. They all came by total surprise, which means they are beyond our rmal sociological categories and global in their scope and implications. That's the reason why students and professors of sociology more than ever need the information in and inspiration from Global Sociology. -Ulrich Beck, University of Munich The first, pioneering editions of Global Sociology put global issues at the heart of sociological discussion. Much has changed in the world since then; recessions, revolutions, social media, and new migration networks have developed as causes and symptoms of an increasingly global society. This new edition is fully updated to explore just how these global issues can help us to understand sociology in our world today. Making clear connections between everyday experiences and global processes at each step, the third edition carefully guides readers through essential and cutting-edge topics in the discipline, from family and feminism to environment and ecomy. Features such as biography boxes on key thinkers in the field, a thorough glossary, and review questions introduce and reinforce the book's core ideas. With clear writing and infectious enthusiasm for its topic, Global Sociology remains the authority on global issues in sociology for students at a variety of skill levels.
- Author BiographyRobin Cohen is Professor of Sociology and Senior Research Fellow at the Centre for the Study of Globalization and Regionalization, University of Warwick (UK). Paul Kennedy is Senior Lecturer in Sociology at the Manchester Metropolitan University.
- Author(s)Paul Kennedy,Robin Cohen
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2013
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, black & white tables, colour tables, figures
- Weight930 g
- Width4852 mm
- Height6147 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.31Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $26.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.