All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionA dozen major global trends will mould the 21st century world. How we live, how societies are shaped and how business is carried-out will be determined by the evolution of these trends in the decades ahead. Have doubt, each one of these twelve trends has the potential to turn your life andbusiness upside down if you are t aware of the underlying forces and fail to take timely and appropriate action. In this book the author assesses the global events and developments that will have the greatest impact on our lives including: repercussions from the financial crisis; geopolitical power shifts; emerging techlogical challenges; climate change; water and food shortages; educational problems; demographic changes; war and terrorism; disrupted energy supplies; declining ecosystems; health concerns; and increasing natural disasters. Such BIG PICTURE challenges confronting humanity are clearly interelated, yet experts tend to treat each of them in isolation. This book, on the other hand, takes the vel approach of joining-the-dots to bring them into a single actionable framework. With all of these daunting issues, it would be easy to take a negative outlook, yet this book is t about pessimism. Nor is it about optimism. It is about realism. It is about facing-up to a changing world, just as human beings have always done. It is about recognizing that the human trajectory has never been an easy ride and that those that prosper have always been the ones with their eyes open and most flexible to change. Read it, or prepare to kick yourself in 10 years time for failing to act on mitigating the threats- or maximizing the opportunities- that are heading your way!
- Author BiographyAdrian Done is a business academic with both feet in the real world. He is a professor at the IESE Business School in Spain and research associate with the Advanced Institute of Management Research in the UK. Born in Asia, with an early childhood in South Africa and educated in Britain, Adrian started his career with the Ford Motor Company at 18 and spent much of the 1980's and 90s in the automotive industry. Following engineering projects throughout the UK, Europe, and the Americas, Adrian moved into plant management and rapidly gained Chartered Engineer status. Adrian continued his professional trajectory into business education, gaining a bilingual Master of Business Administration at IESE and a PhD at London Business School. Adrian's research, published across academic and practitioner communities, has received awards from prestigious institutions such as the European Foundation for Management Development, the Decision Sciences Institute and London Business School. He is regularly invited to present at international conferences and to collaborate with organizations across various sectors. Adrian currently lives in Barcelona with his Catalan wife and two sons. They all enjoy life to the full.
- Author(s)Adrian Done
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication31/10/2011
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleIese Business Collection
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note7 black & white tables, 21 figures
- Weight602 g
- Width163 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.