All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough the last two decades have seen the healthcare systems of most developed countries face pressure for major reform, the impact of this reform on the relationship between empowerment, consumerism and citizen's rights has received limited research attention. Globalisation, Markets and Healthcare Policy sets out to redress this imbalance. This book explores the extent to which globalisation and commercialisation relate to current and emerging health policies. It also looks at the implications for citizens, patients and social rights, as well as how policy making interacts with the interests of global and European trade and ecomic policies. Topics discussed include: * How the impact of globalisation on health systems is apparent in the influence of international actors and European policies. * How the impact of globalisation is mediated by national priorities and policies and is therefore reflected in diverse influences. * How commercialisation of health is presented as benefiting citizens and patients but has the potential to undermine the aims and values inherent in health systems. * How the role of citizens' interests, social rights, patient's rights and priorities of patient and public involvement need to be separated from commercialisation, choice and consumerism in health care. Essential reading for policy makers and students of public policy, politics, law and health services, Globalisation, Markets and Healthcare Policy will also appeal to those interested in patient involvement international healthcare, international relations, trans-national organisations and the EU.
- Author BiographyJonathan Tritter is Research Professor in Patient and Public Involvement, Special Advisor in the NHS Centre for Involvement at the University of Warwick and Professorial Fellow in the Governance and Public Management Group in Warwick Business School. Meri Koivusalo is Senior Researcher in the National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL), Finland. Eeva Ollila is Senior Researcher in the National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL), Finland and Adjunct Professor of Health Policy at the University of Tampere, Finland. Paul Dorfman is Senior Research Fellow at the NHS Centre for Involvement at the University of Warwick.
- Author(s)Eeva Ollila,Jonathan Tritter,Meri Koivusalo,Paul Dorfman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/09/2010
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.