All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionGlobalization is often perceived in rather simplistic terms: as a single universal process leading ultimately to global equality and global democracy. The contributors to Globalisation and Identity take a different view. Drawing on their expertise across a variety of disciplines they argue that globalisation is far more complex, a fact reflected in a range of key problems - centred on issues of equality and identity - w facing peoples and governments around the world. How can one successfully integrate immigrant populations within the structures of state and civil society? Is national identity compatible with cultural diversity? What are the contradictions posed in the contemporary world by the movement of populations? How does one integrate state structures and national societies themselves within an emergent international political order and a global civil society? Questions of globalisation and identity are of vital importance to aims of global harmony and global equality and this timely work provides a rich and integrated exploration of many of the key issues.
- Author BiographyAlan Carling is Honorary Research Fellow in Sociology at the University of Bradford.
- Author(s)Alan Carling
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2005
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleInternational Library of Human Geography
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 9
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width141 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.