All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by one of the leading scholars of global politics, Globalization Revisited is a major new book for students of globalization. It describes and explains the challenges to liberalism and the global order as result of globalizing forces - from financial interconnectedness to the growth of religious fundamentalisms. The text: * provides a detailed analysis of the ecomic and financial aspects of globalization; * examines the changes to global power and governance created by globalization including its effect on the sovereignty of the nation state; * discusses recent trends such as the increased use of networks and social media; * assesses the rise of globalizing fundamentalism; * analyzes the challenges to globalization posed by contemporary events such as the global financial crisis. This book will be essential reading for all students of globalization, and will be of great interest to students of global politics and global governance.
- Author BiographyGrahame Thompson is Visiting Research Professor at the Department of Business and Politics, The Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, and Emeritus Professor of Political Economy at the Open University, England.
- Author(s)Grahame F. Thompson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/11/2014
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCritical Issues in Global Politics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note27 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones, 26 black & white line drawings
- Weight272 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.