All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionGlobalization is undoubtedly the great overarching paradigm of our era. However, there is still little agreement on what globalization actually 'is' and some do t accept that it 'is' anything at all. This new book addresses the contestation of globalization by the anti- or counter-globalization movement. To contest means to challenge, to call into question, to doubt, to oppose and to litigate. This study shows how globalization is 'contestable' in many different ways and how the counter-movements we have seen emerging over the last decade also 'bear witness' on behalf of an alternative human future. Ronaldo Munck presents an overarching framework that allows us to understand how globalization and its contestation are inextricably bound up with one ather. This volume insightfully explores a number of case studies, including: * the battle of Seattle in 1999 * the World Social Forum * peasant internationalism * environmental movements and reactionary movements including: the US Patriot's movement, Islamic fundamentalist movements and other nationalist movements. Globalization and Contestation will be of great interest to all students and scholars of international relations, politics and of globalization and global governance in particular.
- Author BiographyRonaldo Munck is Theme Leader for Internationalization, Interculturalism and Social Development (IISD) at Dublin City University, Ireland.
- Author(s)Professor Ronaldo Munck
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/02/2005
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleRethinking Globalizations
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 4
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.