All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.00Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.09
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $30.94
- AU $37.76Trending at AU $39.42
About this product
- DescriptionCombining theory with compelling case studies, this book examines the globalizing world of democracy. Noted critical scholars Stephen J. Rosow and Jim George argue that democracy must be understood t as a unified concept but as a diversity of political responses to specific conditions and political struggles. Doing so reveals how democracy is taking multiple forms around the world in response to neoliberal globalism and to state control of everyday life. The authors show how the current phase of globalization is destabilizing the dominance of Western democracy promotion, as resisters challenge common understandings and forms of democracy.
- Author BiographyStephen J. Rosow is professor of political science at the State University of New York at Oswego. Jim George was senior lecturer at the Australian National University until his retirement in 2012.
- Author(s)Jim George,Stephen J. Rosow
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication22/07/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleGlobalization
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width162 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.