All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnions have long been a central force in the democratization of national and global governance, and this timely book examines the role of labor in fighting for a more democratic and equitable world. In a clear and compelling narrative, Dimitris Stevis and Terry Boswell explore the past accomplishments and the formidable challenges still facing global union politics. The authors consider whether global union politics has become more active and more influential or has failed to rise to the challenge of global capitalism. All readers interested in global organizations, governance, and social movements will find this deeply informed work an essential resource.
- Author BiographyDimitris Stevis is professor in the Department of Political Science at Colorado State University. Terry Boswell (1955-2006) was professor in the Department of Sociology at Emory University.
- Author(s)Dimitris Stevis,Terry Boswell
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication12/07/2007
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleGlobalization
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width162 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine21 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $33.17Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.