All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.83Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, top scholars of international relations assess the consequences of globalization for national security, identifying three distinct 'processes' of globalization - the intensification of ecomic exchange, the flow of information, and marketization (the expansion of the set of social relations governed by market forces)-exploring how they can affect the capacity and power of states as well as conflict within and among them. Though much has been written on the topics of globalization and national security, there has been relatively little in the way of a systematic examination of the impact that globalization has on a state's national security. These essays deal with how state-less actors, such as terrorists, utilize the benefits of globalization, changing the nature of the security game. Failure to account for the influence of globalization will make it increasingly difficult to understand changes in the balance of power, prospects for war, and strategic choices embraced by states.
- Author BiographyJonathan Kirshner is Associate Professor of Government at Cornell University. He is currently a Visiting Professor for the 05-06 academic year at Princeton University. In addition, he is the director of the International Political Economy program at the Einaudi Center for International Studies. He is the co-editor of Cornell University Press series' Cornell Studies in Money.
- Author(s)Jonathan Kirshner
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/10/2006
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.