Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $5.00+ AU $18.50 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by alimbrown
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.88
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.73
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.37
About this product
- DescriptionA riveting vel of friendship, adventure and love against the odds, set in the early days of flight in Prohibition-era America. Abe Rockwell and Willard T. Thornton are famous fighter pilots together in World War I. Willard returns to a hero's welcome in America and launches a film career. Abe just wants to fly - and he has rich family to support him. When he crash lands in small-town Georgia, the locals recognise Abe and appeal to him for help. Alcohol-smuggling gangsters are trying to oust them from their own homes. But Abe can't see that his one patched-up aircraft can make much difference. Slowly, a plan forms and Abe needs help himself. Enter ather tremendously skilled pilot - but it's a woman. Abe doesn't want to take her on, but she's the best there is and brave with it. Neither of them can predict exactly what they've let themselves in for. Willard, meanwhile, forsakes films for banking and rises fast - only to uncover some very dodgy business at the core of the company. He'd like to turn a blind eye but eventually he's in so deep that he can't. The firm is under serious threat, from a devious and resourceful attacker. Which is when Willard realises who it must be, and how he's going to have to team up with someone he'd always overlooked.
- Author BiographyHarry Bingham was born in England in 1967. After graduating from Oxford University, he worked as an investment banker for ten years, before giving it up to care for his diabled wife and to write his first book. Harry Bingham lives near Oxford with his wife and an increasing number of dogs. He now writes full time.
- Author(s)Harry Bingham
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication23/05/2005
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Weight321 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.